1. All releases are now handled by a completely new system. To post a release for Realm of the Mad God please post it here
  2. ShadyGamer is in need of coders for games like Maplestory and ROTMG. If you have any prior experience, don't hesitate to contact Shady through a Private Conversation.
  3. Want to watch anime online? Watch it on our sister site phanime - phor anime fans
  4. Use the like button, use it every time you get an answer to your question, even if it isn't the one that you like. People spend their time to provide you with an answer so give them something in return, and like their post!
  5. Tired of the same games all over again? Tell us about new games of interest here.

RotMG Private Server

Discussion in 'Realm of the Mad God' started by CoatofArms123, Aug 15, 2012.

1. hoooi Well-Known Member

I can join to developing custom RotMG server, because I have actual source codes of server and can develop it or I can join to developing team. Custom RotMG server is very interesting :3
    [​IMG]

SwagNanners likes this.
  2. CoatofArms123 Me so shady

I already credited him with the images.
    The above stuff is not my work. I am just saying that this kind of stuff is possible....
    so calm down...

3. ageofmyth2 The living legend, and husband of the Cookie

A very interesting subject. I, as well as many others, would certainly take interest in a private server. How you go about it is the tricky part. Partly because of WildShadow, and partly because of the hacker threat. The exclusivity of ROTMG servers gives Wild Shadow something to focus on. If the source were released, and many people started making their own servers, the WS threat would recede, but then all exclusiveness would be lost.

Perhaps a whitelist would do the trick? Have people register, but need permission/activation to join? Or if you're just wanting to mess around, invite a few friends to have fun for awhile. Try to draw a crowd while avoiding the watchful eyes of the parent.

As for hackers, an active staff and whatever in-game security is already in place should do a lot, but I'm sure it's possible to edit the source and make your own adjustments.

I'll be looking into both yours and marinepower's information.

Commorrow likes this.
  4. obgano New Member

wow a p-server? its nice if i had a own rotmg server :D

5. CoatofArms123 Me so shady

6. MANOFNONE New Member

I personally have access to a server that would be able to run this and a way to avoid the legal consequences. thought it will take some time to get updated and put online it would be a nice project and would definitely be fun.

7. kvothe SG Donator

i would love to take a part in this, and even though im seeing htis really late, if your still thinking of possibly putting up a server i would be more than willing to both work on it, as well as to provide funding if it was required.

8. CoatofArms123 Me so shady

well....there is that testing client out there where you can create maps
    so there would be a possibility where you could alter the client, and host it on your own server, so that people would be able to play RotMG on a new server...

legal issues though....

9. hoooi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Commorrow likes this.
  10. CoatofArms123 Me so shady

was that the testing client?
    photoshopped it?
    or was that something else?
    :)

11. hoooi Well-Known Member

No. This is my custom server implementation in process.

12. Hathelper Blarg

gimme dat :3

13. Frenchy Conqueror of Cookies in the fields of Sparta

This may be quite awesome indeed.
    Use the source, Luke

14. CoatofArms123 Me so shady

Follow your path luke

15. Frenchy Conqueror of Cookies in the fields of Sparta

Eh, keep your money. Save it for your studies.