1. All releases are now handled by a completely new system. To post a release for Realm of the Mad God please post it here
  2. ShadyGamer is in need of coders for games like Maplestory and ROTMG. If you have any prior experience, don't hesitate to contact Shady through a Private Conversation.
  3. Want to watch anime online? Watch it on our sister site phanime - phor anime fans
  4. Use the like button, use it every time you get an answer to your question, even if it isn't the one that you like. People spend their time to provide you with an answer so give them something in return, and like their post!
  5. Tired of the same games all over again? Tell us about new games of interest here.

RotMG Private Server

Discussion in 'Realm of the Mad God' started by CoatofArms123, Aug 15, 2012.

1. CoatofArms123 Me so shady

Credit:
    3,825SC
    Hello Guys,
    A few of you have been discussing on how to build or how to make a RotMG Private Server.
    Some say that it is indeed impossible, but as a matter of fact, it is possible.
    A few programmers made one, but were asked by Wild Shadow to shut the project down, but not before a few people already downloaded the source code. (This was about a year ago...and since the forum has also been shut down) (it was a RotMG private server forum)
    Now....I was one those (3 hundred or so) who downloaded the source code. It is pretty large though.
    Now....you might not believe me, and I can only shrug that off, cause I cannot run it, as it requires a large server to run, which I do not have access too. I know it works, cause I had a chance to play on the programmer's private server before it was shut down by Wild Shadow Studios (in partnership with SpryFox at the time)
    That source code is still 121.1, and still has all the old data. (no Davy Jones, yes to Duping, and no/yes to many other things.
    Now, I have been working on it, but to an extent, I still cannot run it. I cannot post it out either, cause Wild Shadow Studios made it clear that they would take legal action against anyone who tried to distribute the code again.
    In other words: I could run the server, but it could only accomodate 10 people max, and a server for $9, would only hold maybe 100 people max.
    I, for one, do not want a lawsuit up in my hands, nor do I have the money to rent a server.
    So what does the SG community think about this?

It is kind of similar to jOryx (another RotMG client, but this one was a single client, and was programmed from scratch) (it has been since shut down, and source code left avaliable, but exe files taken offline)
  2. pilplup ▒❄❆Sn0wbreeze❄❆▒ ☃Icy Blizzardish Pilplup!☃

Credit:
    7,573SC
    I believe this is a waste of time. A great idea, but a waste of time. RotMG is only fun because of the community, and only HACKERS would go onto that server, which is no fun at all. I really think it's a waste of money if you put it online.
    SwagNanners likes this.
  3. largestherb New Member

Credit:
    333SC
    Your avatar and attitude towards not sharing the source are quite contradictory!
    Commorrow, eegs and marinepower like this.
  4. Burrd New Member

Credit:
    154SC
    I find that it would be fun but even I will not tread on ice that thin.
  5. marinepower Well-Known Member

Credit:
    457SC
    This thread is like a litmus test for gullibility, and that's all it ever will be until you post some substantial proof.
    largestherb and pilplup like this.
  6. StriK.eR Me so shady

Credit:
    1,617SC
    I would like to have the source code :eek:
  7. CoatofArms123 Me so shady

Credit:
    3,825SC
    But the guy specifically said to stop distributing it.....lol
    Like...for an example..... you can edit it to update it, but here is a file/example of the thing.....
    Lalalala...its uploading....
    --- merged: Aug 17, 2012 at 8:35 PM ---
    wait...it said that the file was too large....wtf?
    --- merged: Aug 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM ---
    This is an example that another user who contributed to this whole fiasco did...it is possible
    --- merged: Aug 17, 2012 at 8:46 PM ---
    These pictures are not mine, but some ohe-statdatacalc.png YU224.png one made a similar server using the same method.

Attached Files:

8. StriK.eR Me so shady

Credit:
    1,617SC
    CoatofArms123
    You risk the samething with a MapleStory private server, you won't get sued for uploading it for me and then removing it?
  9. largestherb New Member

Credit:
    333SC
    Again, not the attitude that you avatar would imply :(
  10. CoatofArms123 Me so shady

Credit:
    3,825SC
    lol...but the file is 1.37 GB, so I can't really upload it...hrm hrm hrm
  11. Burrd New Member

Credit:
    154SC
    someone on another forums is currently working on an "eductional" server project and I believe he is going to release the client soon
  12. CoatofArms123 Me so shady

Credit:
    3,825SC
    yes....exactly...but don't advertise the other forum...plz
    he had the same source (but is branch-ing out with it)
  13. Burrd New Member

Credit:
    154SC
    I understand I am not I actually would personally like to see the source code, only time will tell
  14. marinepower Well-Known Member

Credit:
    457SC
    Sigh, I can't believe CoatofArms is getting this many replies. Seriously, Nano is working on a private server. He did not use an old source, I watched him build it from scratch in leaps and bounds, and all this guy has posted are pictures that Nano himself has posted. He doesn't even have a screenshot of him joining the private server.

The server is about 15 MB total. A far cry away from 1.37 GB. (A server doesn't need graphics or resources. Why the f would it be that large).

Feel free to google search the image as well:
    Please login or register to view this link.

TL;DR
    OP's leaking public images to shadygamer
  15. Burrd New Member

Credit:
    154SC
    Idk I guees I havent been acting so smart recently been up for 48 hours working on someone info page
    for a livestreaming service